Help us try and get as many Shropshire attractions featured as possible.
The Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) has teamed up with VisitEngland, English Heritage, and National Trust to run a mini digital campaign focused around the half term period.
The aim of the campaign is to promote small tourism businesses in the UK, by encouraging people to talk proudly about their local communities and favourite tourist attractions across their social media channels, using the #GREATdayout hashtag. The campaign will be focused around days out, highlighting what people can enjoy across the holiday period.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
• Use the #GREATdayout hashtag from 20 October and during half-term week to join the conversation
• Look to create your own content promoting what you have on offer and share it on your channels using the #GREATdayout hashtag. Make us aware of your content so we can help promote it with our followers
• Ask your followers to share images of their #GREATdayout with @DCMS
• Businesses can also provide images to DCMS by contacting Amanda Downey at Amanda.email@example.com with a short quote about your half term activities and they will share via their channels
• Competition: DCMS will be running a competition on Twitter from 27 October asking people to tell us them why they love their local area/attractions. This will also be added to the DCMS Pinterest wall. If you would like to provide a competition prize from your area for example a hamper of local produce, please contact Amanda Downey at Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on VisitEngland visit VisitEngland.org
SHREWSBURY FLEA is a fabulous mixture of Antiques and collectables, antique furniture, vintage clothing & fabrics,...
Freddie Mercury. Annie. Whitney Houston. Starlight Express. Elton John. Grease. Monty Python. The list goes on...The...
The Royal British Legion in Shropshire invites one and all to join us for our Annual Festival of Remembrance at the...
Join a drop-in tile decorating workshop between 10am and 2.30pm and try the tube lining technique to produce your own...
Congratulations to our winner of the Shropshire County Hotels & Inns Visitor Survey Prize...
Organisers of the highly successful Shrewsbury International Comedy Festival have...
October half term is just around the corner, so if you€™re starting to plan how you€™re...
After recent news of the win of the €˜Best Arts Project€™ in the prestigious National...
This is the official tourism and visitor website for Shrewsbury provided by Shropshire Tourism, the official destination marketing organisation for Shropshire - read more