We have for accompanied 3-11 year olds:
• GROW Giants and Neeps – Plant your bean in a hand made, compostable pot ready for the tale of ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’. Then make a simple willow obelisk for it to climb. Show your strength in the ‘Enormous Turnip’ tug ‘o war game!
Monday 24th – Friday 28th July and Monday 14th – Friday 18th August. 1pm-2:30pm (£4 per child)
• COOK-ing with Dinosaurs - Make delicious 3D dinosaur biscuits and go o hunt to find some Shropshire greens to make a salad to share with a dinosaur.
Monday 31st July – Friday 4th August and Monday 21st – Friday 25th August. 1pm-2:30pm (£4 per child)
• LEARN with a Sense of Adventure – LOOK for camouflaged creatures, SMELL a fragrance from nature, TOUCH the textures of the trees bark and leaves, LISTEN carefully to the sounds of the meadows and TASTE some yummy tea.
Monday 7th – Friday 11th August and Monday 28th August – Friday 1st September. 1pm-2:30pm (£4 per child)
• Sensory Cookery Workshop –Use all five senses to explore some foods. Discovery whether your senses are linked or work by themselves. Make things for your sense of touch and smell, and some to taste.
Tuesday 8th August 10-11.30am (£7.50 per child)
Adults can join in the fun too! We have a range of adult courses:
• Free From with Milly Rees: Thursday 7th September 10am-2pm.
Limited spaces available so book now to avoid disappointment. Pop in to the centre or call 01588676060 for more information and to book.
Praise from parents of children’s activities and those that have attended our cookery courses include:
“I feel much more confident to be more adventurous with my cooking.” “The kids had so much fun, thank you.”
Entry to the Discovery Centre and Onny Meadows is free but there is a charge for visitors to enjoy our Secret Hills exhibition and visit our mammoth. The Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre offers an extensive programme of family events, adult courses and a variety of activities for the whole family. The unique grass roofed building houses a replica of the famous mammoth skeleton found in Shropshire. The café serves delicious home-cooked food. Browse our extensive shop selling a range of quirky gifts. Every half term and school holiday we provide hands-on family activities. For further details call 01588 676060 or visit the website: www.shropshirehillsdiscoverycentre.co.uk
This February, we will celebrate Shrewsbury as "The Origin of Independent Thinking" and birthplace of Charles Darwin -...
Brick History takes you on a journey through pivotal moments in world history, modelled in LEGO® bricks. This is...
The event will focus around a Steampunk market at St Mary’s Church, but lots of exciting attractions will be...
SHREWSBURY FLEA is a fabulous mixture of Antiques and collectables, antique furniture, vintage clothing & fabrics,...
From a scrapyard €˜no-hoper€™ to the last of its kind €“ a range of locomotives with...
Join hands-on workshops, activities and family trails on a €˜Create Another World€™ theme...
Fieldbounce Music Festival is delighted to be working in partnership with Lion Quays...
Shropshire Kids Festival has seen huge success over the past 2 years with the Shrewsbury...
This is the official tourism and visitor website for Shrewsbury provided by Shropshire Tourism, the official destination marketing organisation for Shropshire - read more