Help us try and get as many Shropshire attractions featured as possible.
The Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) has teamed up with VisitEngland, English Heritage, and National Trust to run a mini digital campaign focused around the half term period.
The aim of the campaign is to promote small tourism businesses in the UK, by encouraging people to talk proudly about their local communities and favourite tourist attractions across their social media channels, using the #GREATdayout hashtag. The campaign will be focused around days out, highlighting what people can enjoy across the holiday period.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
• Use the #GREATdayout hashtag from 20 October and during half-term week to join the conversation
• Look to create your own content promoting what you have on offer and share it on your channels using the #GREATdayout hashtag. Make us aware of your content so we can help promote it with our followers
• Ask your followers to share images of their #GREATdayout with @DCMS
• Businesses can also provide images to DCMS by contacting Amanda Downey at Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org with a short quote about your half term activities and they will share via their channels
• Competition: DCMS will be running a competition on Twitter from 27 October asking people to tell us them why they love their local area/attractions. This will also be added to the DCMS Pinterest wall. If you would like to provide a competition prize from your area for example a hamper of local produce, please contact Amanda Downey at Amanda.email@example.com
For further information on VisitEngland visit VisitEngland.org
Join a drop-in tile decorating workshop between 10am and 2.30pm and try the tube lining technique to produce your own...
This annual walk-round favourite, with the build up to the festive period we at Tanners look forward to once greeting...
We have teamed up with Tablet Academy to bring you 'Lego Tech for Families'. Be amongst the first people to bring...
This event will be a unique experience for both trader and customer as we team up with critically acclaimed...
The Christmas season really begins this weekend at a farm shop near Bridgnorth. The indoor...
Shropshire Council rangers at Severn Valley Country Park are delighted to be welcoming the...
The long-running Gorgeous contemporary designer craft fair returns to Enginuity at...
Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre in Craven Arms is set to launch a brand new mass...
This is the official tourism and visitor website for Shrewsbury provided by Shropshire Tourism, the official destination marketing organisation for Shropshire - read more