Help us try and get as many Shropshire attractions featured as possible.
The Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) has teamed up with VisitEngland, English Heritage, and National Trust to run a mini digital campaign focused around the half term period.
The aim of the campaign is to promote small tourism businesses in the UK, by encouraging people to talk proudly about their local communities and favourite tourist attractions across their social media channels, using the #GREATdayout hashtag. The campaign will be focused around days out, highlighting what people can enjoy across the holiday period.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
• Use the #GREATdayout hashtag from 20 October and during half-term week to join the conversation
• Look to create your own content promoting what you have on offer and share it on your channels using the #GREATdayout hashtag. Make us aware of your content so we can help promote it with our followers
• Ask your followers to share images of their #GREATdayout with @DCMS
• Businesses can also provide images to DCMS by contacting Amanda Downey at Amanda.email@example.com with a short quote about your half term activities and they will share via their channels
• Competition: DCMS will be running a competition on Twitter from 27 October asking people to tell us them why they love their local area/attractions. This will also be added to the DCMS Pinterest wall. If you would like to provide a competition prize from your area for example a hamper of local produce, please contact Amanda Downey at Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on VisitEngland visit VisitEngland.org
This February, we will celebrate Shrewsbury as "The Origin of Independent Thinking" and birthplace of Charles Darwin -...
Brick History takes you on a journey through pivotal moments in world history, modelled in LEGO® bricks. This is...
The event will focus around a Steampunk market at St Mary’s Church, but lots of exciting attractions will be...
SHREWSBURY FLEA is a fabulous mixture of Antiques and collectables, antique furniture, vintage clothing & fabrics,...
From a scrapyard €˜no-hoper€™ to the last of its kind €“ a range of locomotives with...
Join hands-on workshops, activities and family trails on a €˜Create Another World€™ theme...
Fieldbounce Music Festival is delighted to be working in partnership with Lion Quays...
Shropshire Kids Festival has seen huge success over the past 2 years with the Shrewsbury...
This is the official tourism and visitor website for Shrewsbury provided by Shropshire Tourism, the official destination marketing organisation for Shropshire - read more